Welcome to SOS TV. On this page, you can find all the links and # and tips and tricks I mention in my new series – SOS TV. Thank-you for watching my show! Remember if you choose to share your style on line then use #sosstyle.
I started the series in March 2020, because of the rapidly changing world we were living in with Covid-19. My business dried up overnight and I wanted to remain productive and helpful. So I decided to start a much longed-for TV Show – all by myself. It’s all low production values but I’m high on the scale of caring and sharing and being there for my community!
I have listed each episode below, starting from Episode One, reading from the bottom up.
Let’s have a watch party – every Friday at 5pm when I will be drop a new Ep. each week during lockdown.
If you love music then check out my Spotify Playlist – SOS BEING BRAVE 2020 and add your own anthemic songs! It’s collaborative and meant to help make us feel stronger at this wierd time.
You can find the series here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B98PNYxJpVb/?igshid=1pcjhgadbc7pp
EPISODE SEVEN – Friday 1 May
Thank you gorgeous Sisterhood for following the journey of lockdown and my first Style Show. I have loved it!
Please do let me know your feedback and keep following me on Instagram and Facebook. Sign up for my newsletter here. Check out my buy/sell page on Facebook here. You might like to know more about my styling services here.
Stay gorgeously stylish and I look forward to cooking up some more fabulous style content for you. If you’re having trouble coming up with your own Style Brief – then watch this space, more on this coming soon.
Love EJ, The Mother of the Sisterhood of Style x
EPISODE SIX – Friday 24 April
This week we learnt that we will stay in lockdown 4 extra days and then into Level 3. So here I am again with another of my lockdown inventions – SOS TV. The reason I am here every week is to bring the LOLS, some light relief, some style inspiration and all the sisterhood. Thank you so much for watching.
It’s Fashion Revolution Week this week and to learn more about what this all means, who they are and how you can be a part of it, head to the Fashion Revolution NZ Instagram Page. I was asked to share my favourite piece in my wardrobe to highlight the fact that #lovedclotheslast – can you guess what my fave piece is?
One of the most common questions I get asked is how to wear casual wear that isn’t frumpy or active wear. Well here I have 4 outfits, inspired by my client requesting more options for her wardrobe. Here’s what I pulled together. (Video to come Saturday)
I can highly recommend our local Wine Shop for yummy and speedy wine deliveries – especially if you live locally to them in Auckland: https://www.fineowine.co.nz/shop/
If you want to ask your family/whanau/parents/grandparents/caregivers some questions, here’s some thought starters for inspiration!
- What’s your first memory?
- Where were you born?
- What is your best/worst memory as a child?
- Did you ever have to go to the hospital as a child and if so, why and what happened?
- What did you use to do in your free time?
- Do you have to help around the house and what jobs did you have?
- What was fashion like when you were a teenager?
- How did you get on with your parents when you were a teenager?
- Describe your bedroom when you were young.
- What was your favourite book as a child and why?
- How did your parents meet?
- Tell me about your childhood home.
- What did punishment involve when you were a child?
- How did your family celebrate holidays when you were a child?
- What was primary school like for you?
- Tell me about the day your first child was born.
- Where were you when you heard that 9/11 had happened?
- Tell me about some of your favorite songs and why
- Tell me about some of the places where you’ve been happiest.
- Who do I remind you of and why?
Have incredible weeks sisterhood and keep up spreading joy and inspiration where ever you go. EJ x
EPISODE FIVE – Friday 17 April
How have you found this week Sisterhood? Week 3 in lockdown hasn’t been my best to be honest. I struggled to find my mojo and felt a little defeated. Like many of us who have seen our businesses decimated during lockdown, I was a little lost. But then I remembered Beyonce and asked myself #WWBD?
Then I made some mini-cheesecakes for my husband for his birthday and all was ok in the world.
I got busy and tackled some code on my website to confirm my online styling service – available for anyone in NZ right now! I can’t wait to help you.
I’m excited to be joining my friend and fellow stylist, Caitlyn Taylor, tomorrow at 3pm to record her podcast – keep an eye out on my instagram page. Saturday 18th April 3pm.
The jeans blog can be found here: https://sisterhoodofstyle.com/style-blog/lets-talk-about-jeans-baby/
I’d like to thank my friend Beck for helping me with the woolens care piece. Her favourite soap of choice is the Sunlight Soap bar. She loves a good wool wash!
Have a sensational week – hopefully our final in stage 4 lockdown! See you next Friday. x
EPISODE FOUR – Friday 10 April
I had so much fun making this episode. Mostly because I had to film it in my bedroom! It made me laugh so much (to myself). I hope you enjoy.
What I was wearing
What I learnt
- I found Tik Tok. If you know you know. It’s an epically wonderful way to waste time. All my acting dreams have come to life. Enter, if you dare. I’ll be there, lip-synching during lockdown, doubt it will last, but it’s a lot of fun right now.
- I’ve been a long admirer of the 100-day project and this time I’m going in. Check out Amanda Billing’s Insta account who has inspired me to partake. She has an inspiration kit to help you start. I’ve chosen to use her printables – and write a poem or a story every day. I’m starting today. I’m a late starter, but who cares, better late, than never. I’d love to know if you choose to do it too.
- Lena Dunham has written a serial novel and all the chapters written can be found at Vogue. It’s called “Verified Strangers” and I am here for it.
- Check out Cathy Pope Jewellery for her fantastic tips on how to wear jewellery and what styles and shapes work best for you. If you sign up to her newsletter, you get a fabulous e-book too!
What I’ve been baking, making and EATING
- This excellent no-knead bread from Petite Kitchen.
- These sensational decadent sticky buns from Annabelle Langbein
- This wonderfully easy (and moist- sorry I had to use that word 🙂 ) Carrot Cake
- My kids LOVE aioli, so I tried this Chelsea Winter recipe and I will never buy store bought again. I was told it was restaurant quality!!10 SECOND AÏOLI
- For the first time ever, I have made Chelsea Winter’s Hot Cross Buns, which is handy at a time that we can’t easily buy them. They were a lot of work, but it means that we have appreciated them more. Like a good girl, I followed the recipe exactly, instructions and all and they turned out perfectly. Thanks Chelsea (again).
Visible Mending Workshop
Thanks to Renee Williams for giving us the top tips on how to start visible mending – the theory of mending clothes but making it extra! If that sounds like a bit of you, then you can find out more about Renee and visit her shop, via her website www.thatperfecthour.com.
EPISODE THREE – Friday April 3
Follow these fab hashtags. Thanks to my friend Evie Kemp for recommending this fabulous hashtag #irismycloset from Iris Apfel – the Queen of Fashion.
Then check out Erica Davies #ericamademetryit for a fresh weekly fashion challenge.
If you fancy getting crafty – try these free downloadable printables from www.victoriatopping.com
For help keeping calm, being true to yourself and not feeling you have to hustle hustle hustle right now, check out Glennon Doyle’s instagram account.
EPISODE TWO – Friday March 27
Fun hashtags to follow and give you inspo and to help try new things while we’re in lockdown!
#formalfriday – Hilary Barry’s hashtag to encourage dressing
#frockupfrontup – Stacey Beatson – a fabulous stylist
#myfeelfabFriday – By Mary Oh
#chasingcaitwfhstyle – By Caitlyn Taylor
The goodies I shared with you are all from Good Thing in Mt Albert Auckland. Including the pink silk ELK the Label pants I wore.
If you want to dance then check out these amazing FREE classes on Kinrgy by Jules Hough and then a must-try is this exhilarating freestyle dance class by Ryan Heffington. He’s a ray of sunshine and I can’t help but laugh and cry and smile while I dance my little heart out.
EPISODE ONE – Friday March 20
Here’s the blog to read about why to break the style rules – it’s an oldie but a goodie and the tips never go out of style!
Buy the Leopard Print Dress I featured (and I designed) over here.
Check out the brand Stilen for gorgeous jewellery and accessories.
START HERE AND SCROLL UP!